Saturday 24 September 2011

Unbirthday

My birthday is this next week.

It isn't a super significant birthday, but I guess it is my birthday. But aside from the fact I traditionally love birthdays, I'd really rather not think too much about it. Especially, since each year I get progressively closer to 40. And then it will be 50. And so on.

A terrible attitude to have, I know.

So I celebrated my unbirthday tonight.

Hit Village Point for a little shopping with one of my oldest and dearest friends and then off to Taste for a lovely dinner, some much needed wine to drown my aging sorrows away, and an entire slice of Chocolate Lava Cake to help my waist line.

Absolutely. Fabulous.

SO . . .

We hit all the usual suspects. LOFT, Ann Taylor, White House Black Market.

Lots and lots of beautiful clothes.

I even had a gift card burning in my pocket, but could not find anything I absolutely had to have.

The truth is I had received one of those silly catalogs in the mail from LOFT with a 20% coupon for me and one for a friend and I put it in the recycling bin because I thought "surely I will not be shopping there any time soon" only to receive a much appreciated gift card a couple of weeks later. And yes, I am one of those people who wants to maximize every dollar I can because I want to get the most bang for my buck, or in this case the gift card.

So I stopped in at Pier 1 and lo and behold do they have some beautiful things. As if I really need anything else for my house (I am running low on storage space in my little corner of our basement).

But I just had to point out a few of my favorite things there:
It was love at first site when I saw this Etched Metal Round Tray.
This Silver Lace Glass Charger had me at hello!

As for the charger, which is $25 bucks a pop, I wondered if it might be possible to turn something like that into a DIY project using clear glass charger size plates (do they exist???) or even a regular glass plate, adhering a stencil of some sort to the backside, and then spray painting looking glass spray paint to achieve this same look. Design on a dime? I hope so cause I love these puppies, but not even I am willing to spend $25 on a single charger.

I also love, love, love this table setting there.

Unbirthdays can be so much fun.

So thankful for a dear, dear friend to share it with, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment